Let’s get into the Garlic Shrimp recipe I’m about to share- that I had in Hawaii!!
Traveling to Hawaii was definitely a lovely memory that I will be chasing for my life time.
And while I was in Hawaii, we had SO MUCH FOOD, as usual. Poke, garlic shrimp, udon, poke, garlic shrimp, udon… Seriously, I will never get tired of their fresh yet hearty flavors.. LOVED it!!
Garlic shrimp is definitely my new go-to menu now for dinner or small gathering, because it’s very easy and quick to make without no prep time!! YAY!
Let’s get started!!
For the Sauce
For the Garlic Shrimp
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 bulb of garlic, peeled and pounded or chopped (approximately 10 to 13 garlic cloves)
- 2 lb jumbo shrimp, head removed and deveined
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 thai chili, chopped (optional)
- Lemon wedges
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over low heat and add butter and oil. Let butter melt completely then add pounded garlic. Cook the garlic low and slow, until the garlic is golden brown crispy about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove the crispy garlic and place on a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Increase heat to high the now-empty pan, add the shrimp and pour the sauce. Stir fry the shrimp with the sauce until shrimp is fully cooked, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the green onion, chili and 3/4 of crispy garlic. Sprinkle remaining crispy garlic right on top as garnish. Serve with lemon wedges or squeeze right on top right before serve!