EGG ROLL IN A BOWL
Egg Roll in a Bowl – quick and easy low-carb dinner made with ground chicken, pork or turkey, coleslaw mix, more veggies and Asian sauce. Everything cooks in one pan, in just 15 minutes.
- 1 lb ground turkey see note
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil divided
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 5 white mushrooms
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- 2 medium carrots shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Sriracha or sweet chili sauce optional garnish
Heat up olive oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a large skillet.
Add chopped onion and minced garlic. Saute for 2 minutes.
Add mushrooms and ginger and saute for 1 minute.
Add ground turkey and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Cook until done.
Add grated carrots and coleslaw mix (or 6 cups shredded cabbage). Stir everything together.
Cook on medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
Add remaining sesame oil (2 teaspoons), vinegar and soy sauce. Stir well.
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve garnished with chopped green onions and a drizzle of sweet chili sauce or Sriracha.